Work Permit & Visas in Thailand

Long-term Visas in Thailand

Foreigners wishing to remain in Thailand for an extended period of time may apply for any number of long-stay visas at Thai Embassies or Consulates abroad. In most cases, such visas will be granted for a period not exceeding 90 days following entry into Thailand. The visa can then be extended at a local Immigration Office for the maximum allowable period of extension, usually a year following the first date of entry.

The most popular long-term visas requested by foreigners:

Business Visa

to allow the applicant to work in Thailand (obtained in conjunction with a work permit)

Marriage Visa

to allow a foreigner married to a Thai national to live with his/her spouse in Thailand

Dependent Visa

to allow the married spouse of a foreigner holding a long-term visa to accompany his/her spouse for that same period of time; this visa also applies to children under the age of 20 accompanying parents with valid long-term visas in Thailand

Guardianship Visa

to allow a parent to come to Thailand to take care of his/her Thai child or a foreign child enrolled in a recognized educational institution

Education Visa

to allow an individual to attend recognized academic courses in, for example, the Thai language

Thailand Work Permit

Thailand Work Permit and Work Visa Service

Thailand Visa Service

CNX Legal Consultant, if selected to advise the visa applicant in such matters, will prepare all required documentation for the Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad; and follow-up with the extension of visa after the applicant’s entry into Thailand. CNX Legal Consultant can also arrange the following year’s extension of visa at a local Immigration Office in Thailand, preparing all necessary accompanying documents as needed.

Meetings are available at either Chiang Mai Lawyer's offices or at any other venue convenient to the client. Walk-in consultations are possible, availability of an adviser permitting.