Foreign Adoption Lawyer in Thailand
Adopting a Child in Thailand
Foreign couples wishing to adopt a Thai child may find the process daunting at first; however CNX Legal Consultant has gained invaluable experience over the past few years in handling a number of adoptions and can lend vital assistance to any couple wishing to realize this important dream.
Once a couple has considered carefully whether the adoption of a Thai child is right for them, they should secure competent legal assistance to help navigate the complex procedures at the Bangkok Child Adoption Center and the provincial child welfare office.
Thailand Adoption Process
- Application for adoption requiring a number of important supporting documents
- A request to the Department of Social Welfare for a home-study program, during which a social worker will visit your residence and discuss issues concerning the child and your role as the adopting parents
- Approval by the child welfare agency
- Selection of the child
- A six-month observation period following approval
- Issuance of a final approval letter by the Child Adoption Board in Bangkok
- Registration of the adoption at the local district registrar’s office where you are living in Thailand
Thailand Foreign Adoption Lawyer
If the adopting couple is living outside of Thailand, assistance of a licensed and government-approved adoption agency is critical, as the Thai government will require such an agency’s involvement. The adopting couple will also be required to spend up to 6-12 months in Thailand in order to complete the steps enumerated above. However, the process will be much smoother with involvement of experienced and competent advisors from CNX Legal Consultant.